The default IP address of various routers such as D-Link and Netgear is 192.168.49.1. This IP, like any other IP, is utilized across the globe.
The Private IP can’t be provided to gadgets associated with the router for office/home. The IP 192.168.49.1 is required to get access to the Admin panel web interface of the router. It links to IPv4 range of IP address.
Usually, it is the default gateway used by modems & routers, for instance, D-Link for signing as default IP address to the admin panel.
The 192.168.49.1 can be needed to configure the advance and basic settings.
192.168.49.1 Login Steps
To join with 192.168.49.1, one needs to have administrative rights. If one has access to the IP 192.168.49.1, i.e., having total force over the office or home network.
That is why administrative authorization is required to sign into IP 192.168.49.1.
Please follow below points to login 192.168.49.1
One may smoothly sign into the configuration panel & modify the Internet Settings for the Router/Modem when the default IP Address for the Internet Router/Modem is 192.168.49.1.
One may log into the IP 192.168.49.1 by noting points below:
- One should know that the gadget is joined either via an Ethernet Cable network or via a wireless network.
- Now, click on the favourite web browser that one may utilize to give access to the Internet.
- In the search tab, type 192.168.49.1 or http://192.168.49.1 as early as possible.
- Now, a login page of the router/modem shall be displayed on the screen.
- For the config. Page of the router, type the default user-id & passkey.
- One will be signed into the config page & only after typing the verified credentials, one shall be able to form the necessary changes.
To access 192.168.49.1 admin page click on the link below.
Forgot IP Address User Id & Passkey
The Router’s Resetting
The best technique to get access once again is to reset the router to the default settings which shall undo all the changes back to the defaults (when one has altered the default user-id & passkey).
Hence, resetting goes like this:
- Have a sharp object that may be a paper clip or needle & check for the reset button on the router’s backside.
- Here, one may find a little button at the back. Now, touch and stay with the button for a few minutes with that sharp object.
- By performing this, one shall get all of the modifications to the default, having the forgotten user-id & passkey. Now, utilizing the default login credentials, one shall smoothly be able to login.
The Manual Check
- One must check the router’s Box/Manual when one has forgotten the user id & passkey for the IP 192.168.49.1.
192.168.49.1 Admin Password vs Wi-Fi Password
You might be wondering that what is Wi-Fi Passkey? Wi-Fi passkey is nothing, but one has hosted a network & any device can connect to that network when using Wi-Fi.
Customers have to type in the security pass key to join that network. This passkey can be used mere to connect to Wi-Fi & get access to the Internet.
Router settings can’t be modified with this pass key though basic info may be taken such as DNS, Default Gateway, Subnet Mask, or any other setting.
192.168.49.1 Admin password is required to get access admin panel where one controls the network as a whole.
Any user can alter Wi-Fi Name, Wi-Fi Pass Key, Default Gateway IP Address, etc. as necessary.
Troubleshoot 192.168.49.1 Login Error
Please follow points below to troubleshoot Login Error.
- Get the connection between router & device. Restart both gadget & router when the gadget is joined via Wi-Fi. Re-plug the cable if connected via Ethernet Cable.
- Kindly be sure that the router is correctly joined to the switch. In situation, 192.168.49.1 Admin Login is not working, and this is an essential hardware connectivity check which anyone may perform.
- Kindly know if HTTP:// is typed before 192.168.49.1, or, we should ask to press on http://192.168.49.1 directly.
- Do know if Default IP Address is correctly typed.
- Do know if Firewall, Antivirus, the proxy is not asking access to the IP. One must disable them & try once again.
- One may utilize other gadgets too. Try to open default gateway IP in other favourite web browsers, if any other device is not available.
- Please be sure that the IP 192.168.49.1 is the default gateway of the router.
192.168.49.1 Table of Router, User Id & PassKey
|TECHNICOLOR||(leave blank)||(leave blank)|
Some Crucial Information
|Network class||Class C|
|Conversions||3232235801 (decimal / iplong)|
c0a80119 (hex / base 16)
|Network range||192.168.1.0 – 192.168.100.49.1|