What is kept aside for wireless routers or modems is a default login IP. By typing the IP 192.168.1.51 in the search tab of the favorite web browser, one shall get the authorization to the router’s admin interface.
Brands such as Oki and others use IP 192.168.1.51 like addresses. One may also note that this is not the only router’s standard IP.
Hence, there are many different types of IPs, such as 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.5.1, that were utilized to authorize the router’s control panel.
So, a Default Gateway is a famous name of a standard IP.
In many instances, not many users know their router IP as there is only one condition one requires to get the IP 192.168.1.51.
This happens only when an expert sets up the whole process. So, one never gets in touch with the IP 192.168.1.51.
Yet many a time, one requires to alter the parental controls, Wi-Fi network name or SSID, or the Wi-Fi-Pass Key. Then one requires to get a hold of IP 192.168.1.51.
As one signs into the router, one shall get the navigation panel to easily control the router settings, manage the data traffic, & modify a few statistics.
192.168.1.51 Router passwords by model
|Model||User ID / Pass Key|
|AboCom||Admin/admin or password|
|Adb||admin/admin or password|
|AT&T Uverse||Refer to sticker/Refer to sticker|
|XFINITY from Comcast||admin/password|
|Zero One Technology||admin/0000|
|Zoom||admin/admin or zoomadsl|
|ZyXEL||admin/admin or 1234|
Why do we see addresses such as 192.168.1.51 regularly?
As mentioned before, the 192.168.1.51 like IP address is a branch of a class C network that is private. The 192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255 is the network’s range.
This gets the count of required IP addresses to 65,535. Such type of range is usually seen on private networks as most routers are configured as default address with 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
When one joins this network with the laptop, smartphone, tablet, or any other gadget, one receives (in that instance) an IP address such as 192.168.1.51.
|Network class||Class C|
|Conversions||3232235827 (decimal / iplong)|
c0a80133 (hex / base 16)
|Network range||192.168.1.0 – 192.168.1.255|
Steps to Login 192.168.1.51
Authorizing the router admin via the address http://192.168.1.51 shall provide access to changes with the software router system.
- To change/define the passkey or modify the router/ change its settings, one must sign-in to the router admin. Type in the IP 192.168.1.51 into the search tab of the browser address or URL bar.
- When one gets an error, then 192.168.1.51 is not the IP address of the router. In this case, one must not rely on autocomplete, preferably on his typing skills. It is seen that it is not comfortable to use repeatedly autocomplete as it has proven wrong many times.
- When one has not altered the default user-id & passkey that came with the router, one may look at our default router user ids & pass keys list.
To access 192.168.1.51 admin page click on the link below.
Alter the WIFI pass key & name of the wireless network
Why one requires to modify:
It may be wrong, not safe, guarded against being blocked, not simple to recall, and others.
Now, the steps to be followed are:
- Get into the control panel of the router. Click on a browser on the PC joined to the router & get to the router’s management address.
- Now, one may alter the name of the wireless network here.
- One may alter or check the settings in the routing settings-> wireless settings, and one may follow it step by step. This setting is used by the router of Netgear, which is an excellent example to note.
What If I cannot see the router management interface
One must enter IP192.168.1.51 in the web browser to learn that the webpage can’t be opened.
If one founds that the router login interface can’t be seen, one must try the following:
- Kindly be sure that the PC and router are joined correctly. Second, the router’s LAN port is on, and so the indicator must be too.
- Now, choose the IP of the computer to have it without much effort.
- Here, note whether the web browser’s address is the router management address or something else.
- Now, see whether the router port is changed:
- Whether the management port of the router has been altered & remote management is kept on the router, one requires to sign in as http://management IP:nn, and here modified port number is nn, for example, 192.168.1.51:8080.
- Now, see whether the browser is kept to the proxy mode or not. Web browser shall fail to sign-in to the management interface if it is kept to the proxy server function or default automatic dialing.
- MAC address binding & Forced IP is kept on the router. When it is not kept rightly, it shall fail to sign-in to the management interface.
When one has forgotten about the router management port or IP, it is good to get back the router to factory settings.
Change the IP address of the sign router
The router presets the default login address, so when one receives a new router, one shall have a domain name or login IP address.
Yet customers may alter it by themselves, which may effectively save others from making any changes with the router’s details.
The steps change the IP address of the sign router
- Sign-in to the panel of router management, with the address’s aid, is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.51. Here, the user id and passkey are admin & admin, respectively.
- Now, one shall get to Advanced Settings, followed by settings of LAN Port.
- Here, the settings of LAN port IP default to automatic (usually asked) & may be altered to manual easily.
- One may alter the LAN port IP address to whatever one wishes to have. For instance, alter it to 192.168.3.1 or anything else.
- Do sign-in to the router with the latest address but only after restarting the router, as one is satisfied with all the modifications.