IANA or Internet Assigned Numbers Authority registers the 192.168.0.8 like IP address as a branch of 192.168.0.0/24 like a private network.
In the private space, IP addresses are not given to any single company with the Internet Service Provider or ISP. Here, anyone can utilize these IP addresses without the approval of a local net registry in RFC 1918, not found in public IP addresses.
Here, from a private range, IP packets addressed can’t be send via the public network.
So if such a private network requires to join the net, it requires to be made via a network address translator gateway, which is also termed as called NAT or a proxy server, which is usually reachable on 8080 port.
A wireless or wired router one can get from a broadband provider is the best, e.g., a famous NAT gateway.
On such a device, the fixed IP address of the range of network 192.168.0.0/24 can be taken as 192.168.0.254 or 192.168.0.1, totally depends on the provider.
The HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) protocols and/or HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol), a web-interface (gateway), can be reached.
One must type the address ‘http://ip address’ or ‘https://ip address’ in the search bar of a popular browser like Safari, Edge, Firefox, or Chrome.
Now, one must log in with the provider’s user-id & passkey to perform this condition.
One may utilize these sorts of IP addresses of a private network in the regional network & authorize it to the gadgets like PC, smartphone, laptop, tablet, and many others.
Here, to do the IP assigning involuntarily., it is good to configure a set inside a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol or DHCP server.
192.168.0.8 Pass keys & User id of Router vs Model
|MODEL||User id / Pass key|
|AboCom||Admin/admin or pass key|
|Adb||admin/admin or pass key|
|AT&T Uverse||Refer to sticker/Refer to sticker|
|XFINITY from Comcast||admin/pass key|
|Zero One Technology||admin/0000|
|Zoom||admin/admin or zoomadsl|
|ZyXEL||admin/admin or 1234|
Steps to login with IP 192.168.0.8
Authorizing the router admin via the IP address, http://192.168.0.8 shall ask one to alter the router’s software configurations.
- One must sign-in to the router admin to configure the change in the router’s settings or define/alter the passkey. Type in the address 192.168.0.8 into the URL tab or address tab of the browser.
- The address 192.168.0.8 is not the router’s IP address only when one receives an error on the screen. So, write it once more without the aid of the autocomplete. One must know that it is better not to use it regularly.
- One may take the default router pass keys & user ids list (mentioned above) if one hasn’t altered the default passkey & user id that arrives with the router.
To access 192.168.0.8 admin page click on the link below.
Few Technical Information
|Network class||Class C|
|Conversions||3232235528 (decimal / iplong)|
c0a80008 (hex / base 16)
|Network range||192.168.0.0 – 192.168.0.255|
What if one can’t locate the Wi-Fi signal?
Best Point to Note:
- Unplug both sides of all cables,
- Most gadgets are switched off for 5 mins,
- Finally, plug cables in closely & switch on once more.
Typically, many of the faults can be rectified in this way.
When the net gadget can’t locate the Wi-Fi signal, one may initially check if the device’s light on the router is visible (on).
If the indicator light is on:
When the Wi-Fi signal can’t be located, there have to be the undermentioned issues:
- Blocked or interfered Wireless Wi-Fi signal: Gadgets such as cordless phones, microwave ovens, keyboard & wireless mouse are kept quite close to the router, which shall interfere with the signal Wi-Fi. Though the length between the wireless router & terminal device is quite huge, there are obstacles, partition walls, and others, causing the wireless signal of Wi-Fi to move fast. By this, the Wi-Fi signal of the wireless router can’t be determined.
- When few gadgets like TVs, mobile phones, PCs can’t locate the Wi-Fi: Then there may be an issue with the system of the device; one may start the gadget again and try once more.
- When all gadgets can’t locate the Wi-Fi: One must switch off the router for 5 mins. & then start it again to try once more. One may regain the factory settings of the router & reconfigure if it still isn’t available.
- The router issue: If one yet can’t locate the signal of the Wi-Fi of the router after troubleshooting the case above, it can be the case that the router itself is defective.
One requires to get in touch with the router manufacturer to replace or repair a new one.
If the indicator light is off:
The indicator light of the wireless router is off due to the undermentioned issues:
- The issue with Power Supply: Do check if the power socket is running. One may utilize another electrical device to check if the socket has current or not.
- Connection issue: The power socket is running well & the router’s indicator is still off. One requires to check the DC & AC power plug closely to see if both sides of the power adapter are kept in closely.
- Problem with the router: If it still doesn’t visible, the router may not be working at all. One requires to get in touch with the router manufacturer for replacement or repair with a new one.
What to do if I can locate a Wi-Fi network but can’t join it?
If the gadget may locate the Wi-Fi network but can’t join the Wi-Fi, one may carry on with the steps given below to rectify it:
- Find if the wireless router is working as usual:
One may utilize other mobile gadgets or digital devices to join the signal of Wi-Fi. If one may join and may generally surf the Internet, the router is then working smoothly, and the gadget which can’t be declared or taken has failed.
- On the phone, the airplane mode is on:
Do see if the phone is switched on to the airplane mode. Switching on airplane mode may make the phone to switch off the function of the network.
- The issue in Passkey:
Do find if the passkey of the router Wi-Fi hotspot is typed wrongly or rightly.
- The router is down:
If one utilizes the router for an extended period, it can be freeze after a few seconds. One may start the wireless router again after switching off the router for 5 minutes.
- Router network or phone settings are unusual:
One may also work with restoring router factory settings & mobile phone network settings only.