Brief About 192.168.0.18 IP address
As big router brands use specific private IP addresses across many router ranges, the 192.168.0.18 is not specific to the router.
We must keep in mind that a private IP address is not even singular even to a particular model. How does it work? The person who needs to get the private IP address is the router’s owner, & that’s all!
Let us now analyze this question. How may the router know which computer is asking for the data it needs?
The answer is that the router is not the only device on the network. It should be noted that every computer joined to the Wi-Fi network also have a private IP address as 192.168.0.18.
The IP address forming the large numbers helps every gadget rely on each other. And the IP address does not only stick to the computer gadgets only. How?
The storage devices and printers have an IP address, so the router and the PC gadgets with the network can utilize and connect correctly. Here, the router’s IP addresses are known to be different from the other devices on the Wi-Fi network (also, the final number is different too).
The IP addresses are called IPv4, which are discussed here. Internet Protocol Version 4 is the full form of IPv4 which has:
- four sets of numbers,
- Classified by a period, & numbers are unique.
Primarily for private IP addresses, the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority retains few numbers, & the additional ones are exclusive for public IP addresses only.
Numbers which are kept aside:
|10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255|
|192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255|
|172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255|
These three ranges of numbers are being found among 18 million different private IP addresses even though there need only 2 or 3 terms by the router manufacturers.
Sign in To Your Router At 192.168.0.18
Nowadays, everyone has an internet connection, so does a router and a PC.
So, we believe you have plugged in the router & have a stable Wi-Fi connection. The existing network is less than ideal; about that, you might aren’t aware of. For now, your Wi-Fi network is not optimized for use, or there is no security setting done yet.
You require to sign in to the router via 192.168.0.18 to form any changes to the Wi-Fi network.
Even if the ISP managed the router (the professionals from the company), one certainly must use 192.168.0.18 when things aren’t right & was happy with the Wi-Fi working.
It is good to know how to access the routers admin page & to look for the admin page is easy as you use it, only when you decide to change things.
How to login 192.168.0.18
- If one has a PC, it will most probably have a router with a decent Wi-Fi too. Anything may work, i.e., phone, laptop, or PC. Connect the PC gadget to the router as needed. The use of a wired ethernet connection or Wi-Fi is essential here.
- Now, click on the browser you generally rely upon with the PC device joined to the router. A few of the popular browsers people use are Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. Then, as the browser opens, quickly type the IP address, 192.168.0.18, into the address bar.
- As one searches for 192.168.0.18, one will eventually find the router’s admin page’s sign-in section. Here, one necessitates writing the username and password linked with the router.
Remember, only the correct details will lead to the menu of the admin page of the router.
In case you don’t know the sign-in details of the router & have never changed them, you may find the default login info on the bottom of the router. As you see it, you will know the router’s manufacturer website, provided for your convenience.
It is best to reset the router to factory settings if you have changed the info & can’t recall them. Though you will lose any changes that were done previously to the router, the login details will automatically default.
To access the admin page click on the link below.
Configure the Router With 192.168.0.18
What may seem fascinating to you are the numerous computer terms as you visit the router’s admin page.
A suitable place to start is by changing the sign-in info, as discussed previously.
- First and foremost, authorize the admin page of the router. Until you get to the basic settings menu on the main page, keep going through various options.
- Select the router’s password or popularly called a “menu.”
- Now, write down the primary password. Try to set a password that is easy to recall & strong & secure enough.
- Main point: Always save the changes you made, no matter how big or small they are.
You can also try to change the router’s username, which is found in the general settings menu.
Change the Local IP Address
Some people alter their router, which is the real local router’s IP address is another famous setting. It’s a known fact that every router has two IP addresses.
You should take note of the new address, if you require to change the IP address apart from 192.168.0.18, as you shall need it to access the router’s admin page.
- As described earlier, reaccess the router’s admin page. Find the primary general settings menu or “menu” on the main page.
- In the options, one must search for the “network settings.”
- Until one finds “router settings” option, go through this menu. Now, you are OK to type in the known IP address.
- Lastly, save the necessary changes you made.
Change the Username & Password of the Wi-Fi Network
One can change the settings as needed as there are various settings found to the router, though one may also alter the Wi-Fi network info without any problem.
The name of the Wi-Fi network is SSID or Service Set Identifier. One may change like:
- Look out for the menu – general settings.
- Select the option- wireless settings.
- In the SSID field, type in the required Wi-Fi network name.
- Lastly, do the changes accordingly.
The choice to alter the Wi-Fi network password can be found in a similar menu as the SSID. Kindly select the “Wi-Fi network password” option & write down the password, you know.
You can now mention the sign-in details for the router & the Wi-Fi network.
You can optimize the network or set parental controls or any settings you require by exploring further for personal safety.