The 192.168.36.1 IP address is maintained by the IANA, which is Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA). It works as a part of private network 192.168.36.0/24.
The IP addresses in the private area are not provided to other specific brands/models & anyone can use these IP addresses, unlike public IP addresses, without the approval of a local Internet registry as mentioned in RFC 1918.
Access Your Admin Page: One can access their admin page by searching 192.168.36.1 into the address bar of the popular browser, and one can check sign in the password here.
One may also authorize it by going through this: 192.168.36.1.
Router passwords by model
|Model/Brand||Username / Password|
|AboCom||Admin/admin or password|
|Adb||admin/admin or password|
|AT&T Uverse||Refer to sticker/Refer to sticker|
|XFINITY from Comcast||admin/password|
|Zero One Technology||admin/0000|
|Zoom||admin/admin or zoomadsl|
|ZyXEL||admin/admin or 1234|
Sign in To Your Router At 192.168.36.1
Your home usually has a router if you use the net. You might have plugged that router in & also has a regular Wi-Fi network last many months. Your preset network is less than ideal is what you might not realize for now.
Your Wi-Fi network is not optimized for the use, or you might not have any password set.
One need to sign in to the router using 192.168.36.1, to make any changes to the Wi-Fi network.
One still requires to utilize 192.168.36.1 when something goes wrong even if the router was set up by a by the ISP (the professionals we know), & one was glad about the working of your Wi-Fi.
In case, you require to change something; it is usually good knowing how to authorize the routers admin page & reaching to the admin page is relatively easy as you use it.
Log in to 192.168.36.1
- A PC becomes a necessity if one has a router for the Internet. A phone, laptop or PC are all good to go. One then requires to connect the PC gadget to the router. One can perform this via a wired ethernet connection or with a Wi-Fi.
- Open the web browser of choice with the PC gadget joined to the router. Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari are few of the famous browsers people generally use. Finally, when the browser opens, kindly type the IP address, 192.168.36.1, into the search tab.
- One will reach to the sign-in part of the admin page of the router as one searches for 192.168.36.1. One will require to type the username and password linked with the router. Only the right info will reach to the menu of the admin page of the router.
One may usually get the default login info on the bottom of the router if one doesn’t know the sign-in details of the router & also have never altered them. See, for your ease, the manufacturer website of the router must have been written.
If one has altered the info, & can’t remember them, one can go for resetting the router to factory settings. The sign-in information will automatically set to default, though one will lose any changes one has done earlier to the router.
To access the 192.168.36.1 admin page click on the link below.
Configure the Router With 192.168.36.1
The admin page of the router, with lots of PC terms & computer terms, may seem attractive to see.
The best location to initiate is by alternating the sign-in info as described earlier.
- Authorize the router admin page as provided earlier. Please go through the various options until one finds the basic settings menu on the main page.
- Choose the password of the router or menu as it is usually known.
- Type the required password. It has to be something one may remember, which needs to be secure.
No matter how many times you make changes, kindly focus on saving the details too. One may also alter the username for the router which is located in the general settings menu.
Change the Local IP Address
There are another famous setting people alter on their router is the real local router’s IP address. The router has two IP addresses, which must be known to everyone.
One must take note of the new address as one shall require it to authorize the admin page of the router if you choose to alter the IP address away from 192.168.36.1.
- Authorize the router’s admin page once more as described earlier. Go for the primary general settings menu or menu on the main page.
- One must then go for the “network settings” in the options.
- Go through this menu until one finds “router settings” option. Now, you are good to type in the required IP address.
- Lastly, save the required changes you made.
Change the Username & Password Of the Wi-Fi Network
There are more settings found to the router that one can change as required, though one may also wish to alter the Wi-Fi network info.
The name of the Wi-Fi network is the SSID or Service Set Identifier. To make any changes:
- Search the menu of general settings.
- Select the option – wireless settings.
- Type in the desired Wi-Fi network name in the SSID field.
- Finally, make the changes.
The option would be on the same menu as the SSID if one wished to alter the Wi-Fi network password. Choose the field of Wi-Fi network password & type in the desired password.
Here, one can now set the sign-in info for the router & the Wi-Fi network.
One should explore further with the net safe as one could optimize the network or set parental controls, or any settings one needs to do.
More About IP address like 192.168.36.1
The 192.168.36.1 is not particular to the router as major router brands use specific private IP addresses across many ranges of the router.
We must keep in mind that a private IP address is not even sure to a particular model.
Let us now think. How can the router know which PC is requesting for the data it wants?
Here, the router is not the only gadget on the network, with every PC joined to the Wi-Fi network, also have a private IP address which is 192.168.36.1.
The IP address having the string of numbers aids every gadget communicate with the other. And it’s not only the PC gadgets that have an IP address.
Storage devices & printers also have an IP address, so the router & PC devices using the network can use them and join with them.
Usually, the IP addresses of other devices on the Wi-Fi network are different from the IP address of the router, with the final number being other.
Here, when we talk about the IP addresses, they are known as IPv4. The IPv4 full form is internet protocol version 4, which is separated by a period, is four sets of numbers, though it is not mere any numbers.
The IANA or Internet Assigned Numbers Authority has kept absolute numbers for private IP addresses, & the rest can be utilized for public IP addresses.
Those kept numbers are:
- 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
- 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
- 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255
There are 18 million different private IP addresses which have these three ranges of numbers. The manufacturers of the router though require only two or three terms.