192.168.1.128 is a private IP address.
None hasn’t heard of IP address! Whenever we use the internet on our mobile phones, PCs, etc., we hear this term. Still, many of us mightn’t be aware of that? Isn’t that?
This article is for both beginners and professionals, so we hope you will learn a lot from this!
You might have also seen a term on your device “192.168.1.128” as IP Address. This term is an IP Address of Class C IPv4.
This IP Address is kept for use in Local or Private Networks, which is decided according to the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA). This is the sole reason it is popularly called as Private IP Address.
Now, let us learn in detail about the different aspects of this IP Address.
Do 192.168.1.128 IP Address common?
As we have already stated that this IP Address is kept for the Private Network purpose only.
So, this IP Address can be seen in the different local networks where 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.255.255 is the range found in the network’s router.
Despite all this, the IP Address will stay unique for a gadget in the local network. This is the crucial point, which is why this IP Address is common everywhere.
Login to the Router 192.168.1.128
If you judiciously use the internet, one might have a router too. One must have kept that router inside while judiciously utilizing a Wi-Fi connection.
During this period, you also do not have any Wi-Fi connectivity for any usage nor have any password kept for work.
You require to sign in to the router using 192.168.1.128, to make any changes to the Wi-Fi network.
Although an ISP sets up your router and is excited about that, you may still need to use 192.168.1.128 when there’s an issue.
Now let us understand procedure to Login to the Router 192.168.1.128.
- One needs a smart PC, though it is an essential requirement to have so. A PC, smartphone, or laptop can work too (as a router can work in that case only). Then, you require to join your PC device to the router. You may apply this through Wi-Fi or with an ethernet connection.
- Open your favorite web browser when your PC device is connected to your router. Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, are few among many famous web browsers. Now, Enter your IP address, 192.168.1.128, into the address bar in an opened browser.
- When you search for 192.168.1.128, it will take you to the router admin page’s sign-in part. You will require to enter the username and password with the router.
You will jump onto the menu of the router admin page if the details are correct.
One may find the default sign details on the router’s bottom if one doesn’t remember the router’s sign-in info & have never changed them. Also, the manufacturer’s website of the router must have them mentioned.
Even if you have altered the required details and forgotten them, you can easily reset the router back to factory settings. Just relax and keep on following the steps below.
To access the admin page click on the link below.
Configure The Router with 192.168.1.128
With all the PC terms & numerical, the router admin page looks quite attractive to all of us. The best thing to do is by changing the login details, as discussed earlier.
- Learning the above steps, authorize the router admin page.
Right on the main page, move through the options until you get the menu of general settings.
- Choose the menu or router password (both are the same thing)
- Type your primary password. Try to make a password that you can be easy to remember.
- No matter what changes you make, kindly do save the details with it.
You can also change the username of the router as you visit the general settings menu.
Change The Local IP Address
The real, local IP address of the router is another famous setting many users perform on their router.
The router has 2 IP addresses.
If one chooses to alter the IP address from 192.168.1.128, one should write down the new address as one will need it to authorize the router admin page.
- Authorize the router admin page of the router.
- Look for the general settings menu, or menu, on the main page.
- Then one must choose “network settings.”
- Move through this menu until “router settings” is found.
- Now, you can write in your IP address.
- Required changes must be saved.
Change The Name And Password Of Your Wi-Fi Network
- Go for the general settings menu.
- Now, select the option – wireless settings.
- In the SSID field, write down the required Wi-Fi network name.
- Finally, save the changes made.
As the SSID, the choice to alter the Wi-Fi network password shall be on the same menu.
Choose the Wi-Fi network password field and write in your desired password.